Standard terms for all BT Games Activities
TERMS & CONDITIONS: All standard terms and conditions of BT Games and suppliers of products advertised herein apply. All offers valid while stocks last. We reserve the right to limit quantities of promotional items per customer. Website pricing may differ from in-store pricing, and vouchers may not be able to be redeemed on website purchases. Original vouchers are valid for a single-use/purchase and are not redeemable in conjunction with a pre-order discount or any other promotional offer. Where applicable, promotional prices (“voucher price”) have already had the advertised discount value applied and as such is not incremental.
BT Games takes utmost care to ensure that all advertising is correct. If any mistakes occur or incomplete information is advertised, BT Games undertakes to display a notice in-store and online with correct information. Packshot images may vary. Stock availability may vary per store. Auto-upgrades and DLC offers are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis provided pre-ordered items are collected within 7 days of release. Pre-order incentives may be determined by publishers, are limited and may be substituted and/or changed at any time. Collector´s editions and other premium versions of games require full payment within 48 hours to secure an order. This deposit is non-refundable should the order be cancelled within 14 days of release. BT Games cannot be held liable for certain games or consoles that require internet downloads and updates before playing. All release dates indicated are merely a guide and are subject to change at any time without notice due to circumstances beyond our control. BT Games will inform customers of any changes via email or sms. No dealers. BT Games Advantage card benefits are not applicable to any promotional offers. E&OE. All trademarks and logos used are the property of their respective owners.
Competition terms and conditions: Win a Minecraft Hamper
- By entering this competition to stand in line to win the prize, you indicate that you agree to abide by all the below terms and conditions.
- The competition closes on 13 June 2021. If for any reason you are chosen but do not agree to all of these terms and conditions, your entry will be cancelled and BT Games will select an alternate winner.
- There is one prize for one winner. The items if the hamper may differ from the displayed images. This prize consists of one Minecraft hamper containing but not limited to:
- Minecraft Backpack
- Minecraft Mug
- Minecraft Plush
- To enter the competition, you need to purchase any Minecraft plush at any BT Games store or online at btgames.co.za.
- When purchasing in store a staff member will add your details to a spreadsheet that will be sent to the Head Office. Your information will not be added to any mailing list or database without your permission. After the winner has been contacted all documents with personal information will be destroyed.
- When purchasing online at btgames.co.za you will automatically be added to the draw.
- The competition is open to anyone 18 years of age or older, who resides in South Africa, but excludes any immediate family members of BT Games staff, BT Games suppliers, agencies and/or partners, as well as staff and former staff of the BT Games group of companies.
- After the closing date, one winner will be chosen randomly from all entries received.
- If your entry is chosen as one of the winners but you do not meet the entry requirements, BT Games reserves the right to award your prize to a runner-up.
- BT Games will try to contact the chosen winner for ten days after having drawn the winning entry. Should BT Games be unable to make contact with the winner during this period (or receive a reply after having been contacted in some way), a runner-up winner will be chosen and the original winner will forfeit their prize.
- The competition winner will be chosen/ drawn on or after 14 June 2021 at the BT Games Head Office in the presence of at least 2 judges.
- The prize winner will need to collect their prize from their BT Games store of choice within 30 days of being notified that it is available for collection.
- The winner may be announced on the BT Games website, in BT Games print media and/or social media pages after selection and by entering this competition and accepting your being chosen as the winner if the case, you grant permission to BT Games to display your name and/or photograph online, in print material and/or on social media channels.
- The judge’s decision is considered final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner may be required to be photographed, and BT Games reserves the right to publish any entries and/or the competition winner’s details on our website or social media platforms.
- BT Games and any partners involved reserve the right to amend any of the above terms and conditions or any elements of this competition at any time. Should this occur, the published terms and conditions will be updated on this page. BT Games furthermore reserves the right to cancel this competition at any time and for any reason, or disqualify any entrant to this competition should there be any evidence of fraud, cheating, or any other unfair practice or foul play of any kind, at our own discretion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE RESIDENT EVIL HAMPER COMPETITION BY GAMEFINITY AND BT GAMES
Gamefinity, (Registration Number: 2018/116099/07) (“Gamefinity” or “Promoter”) is conducting this competition (“the competition”).
All entrants, by entering the competition, agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:
ENTRY AND PRIZE DETAILS:
- To participate in this competition, you must:
- Be a South African citizen or permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa;
- Be 18 years or older by May 31st 2021;
- Enter this competition in your personal capacity and not as a business, i.e. a company, close corporation, trust, partnership or any other legal entity cannot participate.
- There will be a competition facilitated by BT Games, where entrants will need to follow the stipulated entry instructions to enter.
- To enter the competition, the entrant must complete the following:
- Facebook: Correctly answer all the questions in the comment section of the specifically designated Resident Evil Village competition post.
- Twitter: Correctly answer all the questions in the comment section of the specifically designated Resident Evil Village competition post.
- Instagram: Correctly answer all the questions in the comment section of the specifically designated Resident Evil Village competition post.
- By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry to the competition is free.
- Each respective participant may enter as many times as they choose. No infringements will be tolerated.
- There will be three winners announced. The winners will be randomly selected from the pool of participants who answered all questions correctly. The decision of Gamefinity and the judges is final and Gamefinity shall not enter into any correspondence about the result.
- The competition prize will include:
- 1 of 3 Resident Evil Village hampers
DATES AND COMPETITION STRUCTURE:
- The competition will run as follows:
- The competition will commence on May 31st 2021 and end on June 4th 2021;
- The prize winners will be randomly selected from the pool of participants who answered all questions correctly.
- The winning entrants will be notified and contacted via the platform they entered on for contact details to be requested.
- In the event of the winners being unable to be reached:
- Gamefinity will utilise reasonable means of contacting the winner for a period of seven (7) days;
- Once the seven (7) day period has elapsed, the prize will be considered forfeited;
- A new randomly selected winner will be chosen, and the prize reallocated.
- The winner receives their prize as set out in clause 7.2 above, courtesy of Gamefinity:
- The prize is non-transferable;
- The prize may not be tendered for cash or used in an exchange.
- The winner will be responsible for ensuring that the correct contact details have been provided.
- Gamefinity may refuse to award the prize if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
- The prize has no cash alternative, is non-transferable and non-refundable. However, Gamefinity reserves the right to substitute the prize for that/those of equal value.
- Gamefinity shall not be liable for any additional expenses incurred by the Competition Winners in connection with the prize.
- The winner will be notified within 1 day of the end of the competition (the “Notification”). Gamefinity will make the winner aware of any reasonable arrangements required by Gamefinity for the redemption of the Prize, such as, but not limited to, satisfactory proof being submitted to Gamefinity as to the identity of the winner. In the event that the winner does not accept the prize within seven (7) days of the Notification, the Winners will forfeit their rights to the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to make reasonable alternative arrangements, including but not limited to, allocating the prize to another participant, in the event that:
- A Winner does not accept a prize within the prescribed time period;
- An Entrant is disqualified.
- The promoter of this competition is Gamefinity (having its principal place of business at Primovie Park, 185 Katherine Street, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2146).
- Employees, directors, agents, contractors and consultants of Gamefinity and all other participating companies and their immediate families, life partners, associates or business partners may not enter the competition.
- The winners must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Gamefinity) as the person that entered the competition and must comply with the required validation procedures to claim the prize.
- The winners’ names and images may (with the consent of the winner) be published by Gamefinity through relevant publications or media. By entering this competition, the winners grant permission for the use of their names for public relations & advertising purposes without any claim to compensation. Gamefinity may want to film, photograph or otherwise record the winner of the competition. Entrants are hereby informed that they will be invited to permit the use of their image in marketing material or to participate in the marketing activity of Gamefinity. The entrants are hereby made aware that they have a right to decline such an invitation.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that their contact details held by Gamefinity are valid and correct.
- In the event of a dispute regarding any aspect of the competition and/or these terms and conditions, Gamefinity’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence may be entered into.
- Gamefinity will not be held liable for any technical failures affecting participation in the competition and Gamefinity assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever.
- Gamefinity, their associated companies, directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors, assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage, death or injury arising from participation in the competition or from using the prize or for any loss or damage, death or injury howsoever arising.
- Gamefinity may refuse to award the prize if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Furthermore, unclear, illegible entries are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or disqualified persons will be declared invalid.
- Gamefinity reserves the right to disqualify, at its sole discretion, any participant who breaches these Rules or cheats or exhibits any inappropriate behaviour or any other misconduct.
- Gamefinity reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendment shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on its website.
- Gamefinity reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this competition, without notice at any time and no liability shall lie against Gamefinity in favour of any participant or a third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination.
- If any court of competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these Rules are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the Rule will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining Rules, which will continue to be valid.
- By entering this competition, the participant warrants that the information provided to Gamefinity and/or its agents in respect of their entry is correct and truthful. Any breach of this warranty will allow Gamefinity, with immediate effect, to disqualify the Participant from taking part or claiming any Prize in terms of this competition.
- The entrants acknowledge that all Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights used or embodied in connection with the competition such as, but not limited to, the software, designs, logo’s, documentation and information received (“material produced”) by the entrants, as a result of the competition is and will remain the exclusive property of Gamefinity.
- The entrants warrant that the material produced by them during the course of the competition and submitted pursuant hereto does not infringe upon or violate any Intellectual Property Rights or Copyrights of any third party. Ownership of all Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights in any material produced by the entrants because of the competition shall vest solely and exclusively in Gamefinity. The participant hereby cedes and assigns all such copyright, including moral rights, to such copyright material to Gamefinity.
- Entrants also agree to irrevocably waive any moral rights or droit moral that they may have in the material produced and to release the Promoter and its associated companies, licensees and assigns from any claims for payment or other consideration whatsoever in connection with their use of the material.
- All Gamefinity graphics, logos, designs, page headers, icons, scripts and names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Gamefinity, and may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any material produced as a result of this competition or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the Gamefinity.
By entering the competition, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Gamefinity, its directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses (including but not limited to legal fees) arising from: (i) your breach of any of the terms contained herein; (ii) your breach of any third party rights, including without limitation any copyright, intellectual property, or privacy right; (iii) your breach of any laws and regulation in creating, posting and/or subsequently amending your submissions; or (iv) any claim that any one of your Submissions caused damage to a third party. This indemnity shall survive the duration of the competition.
This competition and the enforcement and interpretation of these terms shall be governed by the laws of South Africa and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of South Africa over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with the competition.
BT Games and any partners involved reserve the right to amend any of the above terms and conditions or any elements of this competition at any time. Should this occur, the published terms and conditions will be updated on this page. BT Games furthermore reserves the right to cancel this competition at any time and for any reason, or disqualify any entrant to this competition should there be any evidence of fraud, cheating, or any other unfair practice or foul play of any kind, at our own discretion.