Wage guerrilla warfare and reclaim the streets of Philadelphia inHomefront: The Revolution
, a captivating new free-roaming FPS to be co-published in 2015 by Crytek and Deep Silver.Homefront: The Revolution
throws players into a near future dystopia. Catastrophic events have brought the United States to its knees and enabled the Korean People's Army forces to impose a brutal military occupation. Trapped in this American nightmare, Philadelphia has become a police state, where surveillance drones and armored patrols keep her once-proud citizens at heel, crushing any dissent with totalitarian force.
To overcome their oppressors, players will have to engage in guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics in thrilling un-scripted firefights. At every turn they'll find a sprawling open-world city, in which recruiting fellow revolutionaries and building improvised homebrew weapons are just two of the keys to creating a powerful resistance force.
The Resistance flourishes far beyond the single player. Homefront: The Revolution
supports up to four players in online Co-Op gameplay where you form your own resistance cell and become renowned as Heroes of the Revolution.Homefront: The Revolution
represents the first time Crytek
and Deep Silver
have worked together, with the two partners collaborating to release the game as part of a co-publishing agreement.Homefront: The Revolution
is an open-world first person shooter where you must lead the Resistance movement in guerrilla warfare against a superior military force.
A living, breathing, open world responds to your actions - you and your Resistance Cell can inspire a rebellion on the streets and turn Occupation into Revolution, as oppressed civilians take up the fight.But your enemy has the advantage -
superior technology, firepower, heavy armour and air support. You must learn the art of guerrilla warfare - ambush, sabotage, infiltration, deception - and fight a running battle through the war-ravaged suburbs of Philadelphia.
And the single player campaign is just the start - in Co-Op you and your friends can form your own Resistance Cell and become renowned as Heroes of the Revolution.
Developed by Crytek's Nottingham studio, Homefront: The Revolution
harnesses the latest features of Crytek's CRYENGINE technology.
On the ground, players will encounter a dynamic environment that looks and feels truly alive as day turns to night and storm clouds come and go - an authenticity that extends to the strikingly lifelike expressions, skin and clothing of everyone they encounter.Features :
- Explore a living, breathing open world - experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
- Wage Guerrilla Warfare - this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
- Build the Resistance - recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
- Ignite the Revolution - from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
- Online Co-Op - take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution.