BT Games has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to our members privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the BT Games website.
All card transactions are processed using PCI DSS certified systems, managed by our payment partners DPO PayGate. DPO PayGate is a PCI DSS level 1 certified payment gateway.
Why have we chosen PayGate? PayGate is well known in South Africa and manage payments for many large, respected retailers who sell online like we do. When PayGate processes a transaction via their secure payment web services, the transaction is encrypted. They make use of the latest SSL encryption which encrypts all data sent from the browser to PayGate in such a way that only their servers can read it. The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), is the world standard for secure data transmission over the Internet. SSL uses authentication and encryption technology developed by RSA Data Security Inc.
We do not process your payment ourselves, nor do we keep your card details - you will be taken to our payment providers for payment and then returned to the BT Games website afterwards.
In the case of known or suspected abuse of our systems or members, we reserve the right to review and pass any relevant information stored on our systems to the relevant ISP(s) or Police to help prevent the abuse, we will also provide assistance to help identify a member for members who are proceeding with in our view legitimate legal action. We feel the protection of our members is one of our most important goals.
- IP Address - We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help gather broad demographic information that is not tied back to you personally.
- Personal Details - We ask our members for a number of personal details for use on the website. We always try to identify which information is for system use and which is for displaying to other members.
- Email Address - The email address provided will only be used by BT Games for notification events, contacting the member ourselves and newsletters. It will not be sold or given to other members. Where possible opt out options exist for notifications and newsletters, however some newsletters are not optional and you will need to remove your BT Games membership to unsubscribe.
- Demographic Data - Demographic and profile data is also collected at this site. We use this data to tailor the visitor's experience at this site, showing them customised content we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences.
- Advertisers - From time to time we summarise demographics and other details, such as the number of members under 30, any information is shared with advertisers on an aggregate basis only.
OTHER WEB SITES
This site contains links to other sites. BT Games is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
From time to time we may run optional online surveys in which we may ask visitors for additional contact information and demographic information. We use contact data from our surveys to send the user information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners. In such surveys users may opt out of receiving future mailings.
COMPETITIONS AND PROMOTIONS
We may run promotions on our site in which we ask visitors for contact information. We may use contact data from our contests to send users information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary, usually for prize delivery. Users may opt out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
INTERNAL EMAIL SYSTEM
Messages using our internal email system are not able read by any other members other than the sender and receiver. Once a message is sent it is not possible to retract it. Some membership options may allow a sender of an email to see when their sent email was read or if it was deleted. BT Games have a number of security filters and procedures that are run over internal email to prevent site abuse, commercial use and spam. As part of these processes from time to time BT Games staff may be required to view messages, however they will always remain private and confidential, the only time these messages will be disclosed to any other party is if the member is involved in legal proceedings and either BT Games is satisfied that the legal action is justified, or the disclosure is a legal requirement.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We will always do our best to protect this information and will take action against any hacking or abuse.
Certain games on this website carry Age restrictions. The onus is on the purchaser to assure that these restrictions are observed.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from BT Games. BT Games gives users the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service. However we do also have mandatory newsletters for our members and the only unsubscribe option is to remove your membership from BT Games.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
Tel: +27 11 462 7441
Please note: we do not provide email addresses to prevent automated spamming engines collecting them.